Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Intro Blog: Getting to Know Melanie


Hi! My name is Melanie and I have been told I talk too much. I have various social networking accounts and I notice sometimes my statuses are frequent & a bit long. Tweeting poses a bit of a problem when you can be long-winded. Therefore, I thought I’d start a blog.
I guess many different things just tend to grab my interest, in either a negative way or positive way, and I like to communicate them with people. I also like people who communicate their opinions regarding issues, even if their opinion differs from mine. So if you want to comment or even disagree with one of my blogs, feel free. Sometimes looking at things from every perspective is the only way solutions can be found and other ideas can be explored. However, here’s a hint of Caution: I can often be stubborn in my beliefs, so don’t think just because I will openly read or listen to any and all comments that I will choose to believe them. I swear I will do my best to be honest and sometimes it may offend people. If it offends you, I’m sure there are other blogs that you can find to suit your taste.  
My current life is nothing extraordinary and could be described as mundane. Anything that might be considered “going too far” in this blog will probably be in way of opinions. My body has been in the active grasp of many chemicals, behaviors that I am not proud of, and depressive symptoms in the past. Then in my late 20’s I cleaned up a lot of my negative behaviors and tried taking control of my future.
Next, I got my G.E.D. and enrolled full-time in a Bachelor of Science program at a university with my major being in Psychology. I did so because I had struggled a lot in the past and I hoped to use some of my insight to help others deal with their problems. This summer I am graduating with my Bachelor’s Degree and I will be 30-years old. My plans are to enroll in a Master’s Program to become a Licensed Professional Counselor. I still struggle and am far from perfect. However, I know that I am much better off than I once was and I hope to continue to learn and grow until I die.
Hopefully, this blog will share personal successes and struggles coupled with a healthy dose of my most recent addictions of celebrity gossip, reality television, music, movies, and any other topic that might feed my curiosity. I can’t promise to update frequently. Nevertheless, I hope you’ll find something that sparks a creative and original thought in you no matter what I share.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your next blog! How about toilet paper? Over or under? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks @Anonymous! You're answer is over, and I challenge anyone to prove to me than under is better. Also, in case your wondering I prefer crunchy instead of creamy!:)

      Delete
  2. Well, I know someone who had a dog that would play with the TP so she ALWAYS placed it under to solve the problem. I prefer creamy in case you are wondering. Now what about another blog???

    ReplyDelete

Please follow my blog! Also, feel free to leave comments and raise debates or questions about any of the topics. Sometimes looking at things from every perspective is the only way solutions can be found and other ideas can be explored.
Then after commenting, subscribe by email to be notified when someone responds to your post. I will read or listen to everyone’s comments, feedback, and ideas. If you have any ideas on how I can improve my blog, please let me know. This is my first blog experience and I hope to learn more about bogging through the process so that it won’t be my last. Thanks!