Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oblivious to Valentine’s Day!


Today is February 16! I can officially say that I got past the single woman’s most hated holiday without phoning an old boyfriend or tuning into “Loving with Delilah.” *Singsong Voice* De-li-lah! It is the only radio program that can make a listener contemplate suicide while playing depressing pop music.
With the exception of when I gorged on a big heart-shaped box of chocolates that my mom gave me, I survived the holiday by making myself oblivious to the presence of Valentine’s Day. That was my defense mechanism to guard me against feeling like a lonely and depressed 30-year-old who is going to die a single old woman surrounded by her cats. I just pretended it was a typical day.
ME- AN OLD WOMAN SURROUNDED BY MY CATS!
MY VALENTINE'S DATE FOR 2012
I HOPE I DON'T DIE THIS WAY!
As much as I want to be a strong, independent woman, sometimes I do get lonely and wish I could fall in love. Because I never have been, sometimes I wonder if I even have the capability of truly falling in love. Maybe my selfishness prohibits me from being able to truly give enough of myself away so that I might fall head over heels “in love” with someone.
I know that I am able to love and I love many, such as family and friends. However, being “in love” with someone is completely foreign to me. Maybe I have seen one too many romantic movies, but I just want to fall “in love” with somebody before I die. Most people would say they just want to be loved by someone, but I want to be the one to do the falling. Do not get me wrong, it would be great if my love could be reciprocated. However, before I die I definitely want that intoxicating feeling of being “in love” that I have heard so many people describe flow through my body. Unfortunately being able to scratch that off my bucket list isn’t as easy as planning a skydiving tour or a trip to Italy.
INSTEAD OF FRAMED PICTURES OF MY LOVER, THIS IS WHAT I'LL HAVE FRAMED ON MY WALLS


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of Blogging. I got your message. There is a space at the bottom of your Dashboard that has helpful resources to get you started. Also you can Google music player, slideshows, calendars, etc. and anything that has html code you can paste into your blog. It's easy. Enjoy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks @Futabulous! I'm sure my blog page will continue to grow as I learn how to do more stuff!

      Delete

Please follow my blog! Also, feel free to leave comments and raise debates or questions about any of the topics. Sometimes looking at things from every perspective is the only way solutions can be found and other ideas can be explored.
Then after commenting, subscribe by email to be notified when someone responds to your post. I will read or listen to everyone’s comments, feedback, and ideas. If you have any ideas on how I can improve my blog, please let me know. This is my first blog experience and I hope to learn more about bogging through the process so that it won’t be my last. Thanks!